In This Episode:
- When is it safe to allow yourself to truly be seen and when is it unsafe?
- Signs that a person is trustworthy
- How do you know the difference between what is a trauma response versus what is a legitimate real response?
- ACES-adverse childhood experiences assessment
- How neuro-linguistic programming (NLP) works on trauma
- Being raised in a cult and breaking free as a teenager
- Overcoming the anger towards his mom
- Finding ways to help others through processing his own trauma
- Dave’s first genuine ‘being seen’ experience
Quotations From This Episode:
“For me being seen means somebody actually seeing you for who you are, and for connecting with you at that level.” ~Dave Lakhani
“I think the most impactful relationships are when we see each other for who we truly are and without judgment.” ~Dave Lakhani
“You need to back away from the situation for a moment and say, why am I having this reaction?” ~Dave Lakhani
“I didn’t even know that I had grown up with trauma. I thought everybody went through what I went through.” ~JennyQ
“What’s waiting on the other side is a freedom that I know for myself I could not have ever imagined that I would be able to have.” ~JennyQ
“On the other side of it, there is always more healing.” ~ Dave Lakhani
“Parenting… all genders included, is an opportunity to relive all of your childhood stuff from a different perspective.” ~JennyQ
“Nobody’s grief is worse than the others.” ~Dave Lakhani
“Trauma is relatable, but it’s not weight-able.” ~Dave Lakhani
Dave Lakhani is one of the nation’s most recognizable experts on applied persuasion, human influence, sales and marketing, and cults. He is an award-winning author and speaker who has spoken to more than 3 million people in 126 countries around the world over the past decade. Dave is also an entrepreneur whose companies have made the Inc. 500 list regularly. He is the founder of Boldapproach.com a business consulting firm and Co-Founder of GrowthFoundryDigital.com a growth-focused digital marketing agency.
A media regular, Dave has been featured in outlets including The Today Show, The Big Idea with Donny Deutsch, CNN, Worth, Business 2.0, Sales and Marketing Management, Inc., Fast Company, and dozens more.